This article covers how to create Hidden Price Tiers, how it affects your registration, and why you'd want to use them. It assumes that you know how to create a Price Tier, if not see How to Create a Price Tier before continuing.
1) Click Registration in the Side Navigation.
2) Click the Price Tiers button.
3) Click the Add Price Tier button
3) In the Price Tier Details section, turn the Promo Code toggle to ON. The "Promo Code" Section allows you to set up a code which will be required to choose this price tier.
4) Click the toggle option to the right, when the option is enabled you will be required to enter the code exactly how you want your registrants to enter it.
When your registrants enter the code correctly they will get a message letting them know:
And the Hidden Price Tier will appear:
How Hidden Price Tiers Affects Registration
Hidden Price Tiers doesn't really change registration for your registrants, to access a Hidden Tier they'd have to enter a code just like using a Discount.
Why You'd Want to Use One
A Hidden Tier gives you more flexibility in creating your registration, the possibilities are endless! Being a Price Tier, you still have access to the functionality and benefits of normal Tiers (associating custom questions to it, viewing in reports, accessible for custom reports, etc.) . Essentially you have the ability to create a separate hidden registration workflow.
Note: You can't use a discount code on top of a hidden price tier. That's considered "stacking" codes as the registrant would have to enter multiple codes for one registration.