How to Import
You can mass import discounts for your event with a CSV file.
Navigate to Registration > Discounts > click "Import Discounts"
Download the import discounts template here: Import Discounts Template
Fill out the template accordingly, upload into the system, and submit! At this time, we only offer discount code, percentage off, fixed amount off, active from, active to and limit on registrations as available fields when importing discounts.
For each discount, only one of either percent off or fixed amount off can be used for each discount. If both fields have values, the discount will be skipped during import.
Two fields are required
- Discount Code
- Percent Off or Fixed Amount Off
The file MUST be a CSV file.
The format for percentage_off is an integer, for example, 10 would be imported as 10%
The format for fixed_amount_off is an integer and is converted to currency, for example, 1000 would be imported as $10.00 and 10 would be imported as $0.10
The date format for active_to and active_from must be one of the following: MM/DD/YYYY or YYYY-MM-DD, for example: 12/1/2018 or 2018-12-1.
The following validations will be applied against imported discounts:
- discount_code must be present
- discount_code must be unique within the scope of the event
- discount_code must be unique from any codes used on hidden price tiers within the scope of the event
- percentage_off must be present unless fixed_amount_off is used
- fixed_amount_off must be present unless percentage_off is used
- percentage_off can not be used in combination with fixed_amount_off
- active_from must be before active_to
You will receive an email after the import has processed. In this email, you will be notified of how many discounts were successfully imported, and which ones failed. If any failed, there will be a CSV file attached with the rows that failed from the original import. Each row will contain the errors that prevented the record from being imported appended to the original row.